Great Savings

Friday, April 24, 2015

April 24 Green day barely because of some longs: CLF T AMZN ACTG

This green day was gonna be much more greener if I didn't do longs, but  hey if I don't try Ill never know. 


T   ( AT&T)
T was the short that got stopped with small loss. But I stalked the stock and re-entered again for a gain. Used RSI divergence to exit.

                                                                       T the stopp
                                                                      T the come back
CLF 
First did one little short gainer, then tried long couple of time but didn't work out till the short did later in the day. I guess timing on the longs was after the stocl lost the momentum. How would I know it lost momentum ? Down-sloping RSI , hellooo ...what was I thinking...
                                          CLF the first short winner and the 2 longs losers
                                            CLF  RSI divergence helps in locking profit

AMZN
Wish I didn't Skyped and listened my buddy saying "Are you crazy shorting the best company"  so left lotta money at the table covering too early.

                                                  AMZN the short
                                                AMZN leaving $$$ at the table
                                                                  AMZN  EOD
ACTG 
ACTG  was another long attempt , testing the theory if something is overextended it may go much much higher. Yes it can happen but the odds are very small so far. It is much easier to wait for the stocks that went much much higher to short them , then to guess which one of hundreds will be the one that may go much much higher and to have a good long trade. A very small percentage of all the stocks go to the moon, and till I nail the right one I may lose few accts. So I am sticking with shorting already overextended stocks.Why fix something that it is not broken ?!? For long I rather look for early break outs, basing from nice supports , but even then many of those do not go where I want them to. Once the stock is already up there , I know there will be some longs taking profits. It is never a sure thing, my risk is very limited I do a lot of in and outs which  is costly and overall profit is much smaller,  but for me works better. Nothing is easy but this is my comfort zone that I found after many years of losing.
ACTG the long 
ACTG the stop
ACTG sure enough this is what I missed setting my mind for long 

Stay disciplined to  make it green !
Salute 



No comments:

Post a Comment