Great Savings

Friday, April 10, 2015

April 10th QTM trade thoughts $PSTR the plan for short, VLTC no borrows, HERO

 QTM short 1.79  This is how it looked at time of entry

 It was literally in channel trading after gap up open on a news (good ER) , with overhead resistance 1.83 but also with support 1.77, not too much upside and for downside needed a break below 1.75ish , It was not a clear over-extension  like the other past trades like SFUN SFY see past few days posts. However risking very little on it is always a good thing. After the entry I saw quite a big size traded at the bid almost 200,000 shares  , which normally should clear the bid and drop the bid lower. However  bid went up , so it meant somebody had fishing orders put at bid to accumulate I would guess.  And here it is, trading higher. I just cant go long QTM today  that's  just me.
                        QTM the volume after the entry was  a tell tell to look for exit

PSTR hesitating to short since I just do not like the spread today

PSTR the plan tweeted here

PSTR  the PLAN  but bad spread stopped me from taking action here
Knowing myself  I am veryemotional when something I planned did not execute because of outside factors, like the spread. So I quit for today , since I had a quite good green week.
For my record this is what happen to PSTR today.

                                                     PSTR
The marked points ( the 6.00) was the line in sand for any additional short entries.

VLTC was unshortable ( no borrows) so I put it only for my record.
 VLTC

HERO I was eyeballing this from yesterday, but no action for me today. It was a nice gapper after being so overextended , quite good risk reward for a day trade .
                                                    HERO

Sometimes it's ok not to trade , it gives me time to reflect more. It allows me to study what really works the best. I guess this is a big achievement for me in very positive direction. I laugh at myself when I look back, This used to be me not too long ago LOL
                                What was I thinking ?!?! I don even remember..

Salute and stay green !





No comments:

Post a Comment