Great Savings

Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30 Valuable lesson on risk management HZNP ZIOP

Two tickers , and three losing trades, a red day. I followed the rules for risk management and do not feel regretful like I did on Friday.
HZNP
Looked like it was consolidating above over under 25.00 took a long got stopped. Gave a higher low , it was very quick trade. No regrets for dong something out of line.
ZIOP
ZIOP
I was too slow to short from the open, since opened into good resistance level ( daily) . I did wanted to see it go higher to short but was not humble and quick enough to see the off the open short.
I did wait patiently to drop near 12.00 which was previous day high ( PDH), and entered long 12.05 with fishing order at the wash. Got stopped out 11.90 which was violation of PDH.  I was looking for next long entry but only with confirmation for bottom. Bottom was created at 11.68  took a long at 11.78 and added 11.85 for average 11.82. It did  not break the 12.00 as I expected , was trading choppy over under 11.85  and took acceptable  small loss of 4 cents at 11.78. Very limited risk. 
ZIOP

My friends were laughing at me telling me I'm trying to catch a falling knife, something that I preach NOT TO DO, My response is  as long as have a plan and know what I stand to lose I am OK with it.
In a way they are right , and they did couple nice trades which I call them MY BREAD AND BUTTER here past trades.

These were the two trades. GENE and GOGO
GENE shorting a gapper
GOGO same thing 

Trading is not just one day battle.
Limit the risk and stay in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment