Great Savings

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

RAD the winner , NETE the loser flat day, VBLT observation

First my emotions: Argued with my friend about longing or shorting the $VBLT. It was a text book long, but he was so inclined to short it prematurely. So I missed to go long, but more importantly he saved himself from shorting it too early.
 RAD
Rad was well planned from few days ago,
I shorted it last week for scalp. on the overextended run , and then consolidated in form of flag for few days under major daily resistance 8.30, giving good entry break out for long 8.28 right below the daily resistance. I exited at EOD with small gain, but I still think this is great swing trade long, since SPY ended totally red for today and RAD closed relatively strong.


RAD  long  8.28
RAD closed 8.34

SPY March 25, 2015


NETE
broke out of daily consolidation, I saw a big volume, and calculated if vol comes in with such pace it may make nice up move. But it did not. However having a good support on daily gave me confidence to stay in it all day in anticipation more volume to arrive. But it didin't. Good thing is even with the market down-trending all day , a well chosen stock  with good support is quite relaxing to be in and to wait. Closing above the daily channel instead if coming back down into the daily channel like it did on March 12, makes me believe this can be a good swing explosive long trade next few days.
NETE long 1.29

NETE taking the loss

VBLT this is how it looked for the day ( I save those plays for future reference )
The reason why I would not short it early in the morning ( pacific time)
It was after break out from three day tight consolidation. Those consolidations are creating a floor. It is very hard to short a stock when is so close to the floor. How far down it may go? How far is the floor? When shorting  I have to have viable reason why I am shorting. Just because the company is "pig" is not a good reason to short. Longs were accumulating for 3 days. Broke on much higher vol above $6.00. Short?Just because the fundamentals are "pig" ? I don't think so. So much for the fundamentals. I rest my case. Price action is what I look at. What is price action? Reaction of the movement in reference of surrounding price. Can anybody defined it better? I'm not too good with English as my second language. Leave a comment . Write up a definition  for price action , anybody?


If this helps somebody feel free to let me know. Leave a comment if you like. It helps me so I hope it helps others.
Stay green !!
Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment