Great Savings

Thursday, March 26, 2015

How I trade sudden spikes SGYP , FIVE, OTIV, CNAT

SGYP long 4.07 click here 

I spotted SGYP after a spike on some high volume, on news that might be bought out.
I used to chase the spikes and many times I'd get lucky, but on long run my acct was shrinking.
$4.05 was early AM high. that was broken on the news, which became support after the spike. I WAITED TO RETRACE , to pull back, I did not chase it like i the past. Great entry 4.07, sold half at 4.20, broke even on the other half.
Second re-entry was 4.12 in mid day lul at no volume, during  lunch hour. Size smaller then the original. Stopped out 4.08.
SGYP first long 4.07
                                                     SGYP the two trades
FIVE
Was gapper runner, entered on ABCD, 5 min candle confirmation was not there , could have cut my loss much smaller then the original planned 50  cents to make $1.00, but I did not .
Note:
Lunch hour low volume to be avoided
Look for better confirmation on 5 Min candle to stay or te exit the trade .
FIVE long  36.00
                                        FIVE stopped 35.50 not always ABCD s work

OTIV the plan click here  
I did not take this short because my friend was telling me to wait for confirmation by Ichimoku Cloud and some other indicators. Again: if more  indicators can guarantee me the future  with100% accuracy I will use them. But all I use is price action, and volume. KISS.
I hope this fellow trader (click here) learned valuable lesson of how bad it is to chase a overextended ticker and adding to a loser ( click here)  if under water. I lost a tons of money in the past doing the same .Just want to save few newbies accounts  from being blown away on the most common mistake made by new traders.
OTIV the plan to short
OTIV the short I did not take 

It is extremely important to see the daily picture ( left) on parabolically overextended ticker. The more vertical it goes up, LESS you want to chase it !!

CNAT was nice risk reward long trade, 1:3 great scalp , looking at the big picture I saw:
  • Gaper dropping to major daily support 6.80 ( I missed  the short from major daily resistance)
  • Higher lows of the the 6.80 bottom
  • Pull back into intraday brake out level 7.11, and great entry low risk 1:3 RR

CNAT the scalp

Note to myself :
Lunch hour low volume to be avoided
Look for better confirmation on 5 Min candle to stay or to exit the trade .

Hope this may help somebody

Salute and stay green and disciplined

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your help - very much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mistake you made yesterday on long OTIV and adding on the dip i made it myself today on OREX, buying against the bearish intraday trend, before it showed any signs of higher low with higher high, under major daily resistance 7.80. It was just plane mistake from "knowing the good news". It just implanted in my subconsciousness a belief that the stock "must go up". Made good portion back buying the 7.50 5min candle break out with bigger suze , but if I avoided buying too early it was gona be good green trade. We learn every day :)

      Delete