Great Savings

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

BDE the short explained

People keep asking me questions, "how did I know" , "how did I get lucky", "How this and how that.."
And they see me I twit the entries real time non stop , I do not talk about trades I took  that I have not twitted real time. ANYBODY CAN do that. It's all about hard work. Putting yourself in doing things that average people do not want to do. Searching and searching and planning all day just to catch that ONE FISH. Sometimes there is nothing out there. So I do nothing! Doing nothing is doing something. You chose to do nothing!. 
When do I short a stock? Simple , when the longs are happy with their profits and are willing to take them. Am I always right? Nobody can be right all the time , in fact I am actually 50/50 on average , with periods of time when I am less then 50% and sometimes more then 50% right. 
While I am writing this BDE is chopping around my entry 9.26 , I have no clue if I will lose or make on this short.  But I know what I stand to lose. I am ok with my size, I am ok with my entry, which is near major swing high 9.40 that I measure my risk tolerance. Look at DAILY chart to the LEFT. 
If this work all the time , we all would be rich and millionaires. The only thing that must work all the time is my discipline to adhere to the plan , and to execute with no emotions, if PnL goes red.
I need to see a good trading size above 9.40 to take this loss. But the idea for short still remains for today so re-entry is possible. if I get stopped.

BDE went through 8.80 swing resistance today as well as through 9.30 swing high, and it is not impossible to go as well through 9.40 and much higher. So there is my risk  tolerance for short. plus has huge above avrg volume , so I will not underestimate its power to go much higher .

11:21 am I saw bigger size printing a bid, Id say longs selling to take gains. If after such price action I do not see a drop, and instead the  price moves higher , there is no reason to be short any more, since the size at the bid was just accumulation,  by "somebody" picking up the long's sells.

I may use any kind of indicator and  I can be still wrong or right. I'm stopped out 9.48 from short 9.26. Risk was manageable and the reward I was looking for was 50 cents or more. 

Now naturally is to look for something else to get in to make the loss back, but , I know that tomorrow morning will be much better opportunity then today during end of day. 
So I will just remain calm, and wait till tomorrow unless I see something really very good as I call it a "penalty kick" 

will update more later


                                                     BDE  daily         BDE intra day   short 9.26

No comments:

Post a Comment