Great Savings

Thursday, March 12, 2015

The winner MNGA and the winner AMPE

Green day  again.  Two winners out of two trades. But are those winners the same ?
MNGA short .99
MNGA chart short .99
MNGA the cover 1:3 Risk vs Reward




                                                     MNGA daily         MNGA 5min

The streak of non braking rules in my trading is over today , although I had two out two winning trades. This is what I normally do not do, but some days the mental power is weaker, and wish if I could be tough and  admit when I'm wrong more often.



                                                    AMPE  daily      AMPE 5 min

AMPE was a ticker without near overhead resistance, but took the short due to being overextended, and the lower highs. I said many many times , and I normally obey this rule, that :
  • when I am wrong right of the bet , I better close it out and look for re-entry later if price action allows. 
I did not get stop, and my unrealized PnL was down almost as much as I was up on MGNA trade. Got lucky this did not shot up and did not made new highs today. I covered even with small 5c gain.Pure luck !!This must not happen again. I was good for almost 10 days in a row without breaking this rule OBEYING THE PLAN and THE RISK. Many traders will not even pay attention on this, and will count the green days in the row. Again:
  •  It is not the green days in a row we need to count, it is the days in row we trade without breaking the rules  
I can always be wrong and take the small loss, move on and forget about it. Better then to be wrong and in pain all day and miss great opportunities. What is mentally  easier? 
The mental power is lot more valuable then the dollar power. If I lose the mental power, I can't focus on opportunities all around me. The bigger the dollar loss , the smaller is the mental power to execute well, and to make right decisions.  Here is a great video on this topic by a great trader, about reducing the mental strength and ability to make decisions by increasing of the dollar loss. 
A must watch video here:  The mental strength

During the "lucky short trade" in AMPE,  I missed on great set up like this that I was able only to watch unfold and stay frozen not taking action 



I will work hard on trading without breaking rules regardless how many times in a row I may be in a wrong trade . That's my promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment