Great Savings

Monday, January 4, 2016

How I traded AAPL long in divergence with SPY



AAPL plan


But I see SPY just made new  low of day   NLOD
SPY being pretty oversold on daily , I'd rather look for long ...

It is hard for me to be short biased on AAPL after 2 down days and the third day opening with such gap down like today..So if anything, I'd trade it long, which I did even when seeing SPY breaking LOD while AAPL was at HOD  ( divergence ). The divergence stopped me from trading bigger size, If SPY was also at HOD  I was gonna go AAPL bigger size.

The first long entry was 103.60 twitted here
The built add was 103.40 twitted here 

The money management is based on the risk I am willing to take and that is totally personal for everybody depending on the personal risk tolerance and the acct size.

AAPL risk was based on drop to 102.80 which was going to be my area of admitting I was wrong twitted here.

From today's trade you can see how hard is to nail a stock  exactly at the level you wish. It is amusing how many FURUS GURUS call entries and promote their accuracy.  LOL.  That is so difficult to do , and ever since I started to trade with mindset of "building my positions" I started to be  much more consistent , however making on a first sight "less money" due to starting much smaller initial size position.
 Here are the AAPL entries on a chart
 AAPL near HOD may be a great swing long trade but I am out with green first day in 2016  !!!
That's all it matters for now

AngelDan@DaChopa



2 comments: