Great Savings

Thursday, December 31, 2015

How I made $1,166 trading C and WTW short

Per all my tweeted alerts in real time, well  ahead of the actual trade, the trades unfolded per plan , with no surprises.
 Unlike many others who jumped into $LEI  ( long and short ) I decided to stick with the "girl(s)" that I am familiar with: the one with well behavior, the one that I know , the one that I "stalk" on daily bases, the one who I know what to expect from. There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting in bed with LEI, but I am afraod of STDs and I'm not that  experienced saducer..LOL. I give all the credit to the brave ones, the winners and the losers equally,heats off !

Attention: when clicking on the real time twits links, to go back to the journal click twice or three times on the BACK BUTTON on your browser. ( finally I got this figured out :))   )

C opening very weak gaping down well below its down-sloping 200 and 20 sma ( sign for clear weakness) was a no brainier short in the rally towards the PDC  resistance,  which is same as its 20 sma acting as resistance, Risk was the area above PDC. Drawing intra-day resistances is key element but it will populate the chart too much so I only use the chart grids. I can never define an exact number for stop loss, but must see how it trades if gets there and keep a mental stop. Money management is of great essence : you must know what you are comfortable loosing in case your carefully built up short position gets squeezed. The great advantage I have trading these "regulars" high liquid Big Board stocks ( BB) is that squeezes are very difficult to happen. I know the stock. I have lost -$7,000 in one day,  trading BAC (Bank Of America) as a stubborn dumb ass which is similar like C. ( Citi Bank). Thank God I did lose $7,000 only !!! It was a great lesson. You may read all my journal, or read 100s of trading books, watch many trading DVDs  but till you actually  DO IT and you BURN YOUR ASS ( excuse my french ) , you may never learn how to trade. Sorry to give you the cruel reality, but if you cant face losses, do not bother trading, period ! So play small lose small, is simple solution of unavoidable challenge: losing.

This is the first cover. I DO NOT expect home runs on these ladies. They are traded by institutions, very rarely give home runs. Take your tiny gain and re-enter at better price again. If goes away do not chase it . Better to miss a trade then not to take sure profits or needless to say, to lose on a wining trade !!! ( compliments to @modern_rock  Da' Masta' ) As long as my bias is unchanged I stay with the short idea, and recycle.



the final short C  51.99

Gotta love these BBs , very liquid stocks, easy and quality market making fills, ( if you don't know what market maker means,  feel free to ask in comment section , I get too many emails and I don't feel like responding to each individually)


The other trade was WTW 
I spotted WTW from my watch list , and being very strong at the open I did not want to guess where will be the top tick. Why would I ?
Click here to see my real time tweet 
Watching WTW being heavy and overweight,  twitted here
I specifically tweeted here not to chase it 
I told you be patient here !!!
And here I TOLD YOU do not chase buses, women and stocks ...or you will lose 80% of the time  I learnt that the hard way.

And you still did it ?
There are hundreds and hundreds of other symbols that are lot more "sure trades" at any moment for any doubtful set up you may see that you being teased !!! There are so many symbols moving every day. You do not need to trade them all. Focus on few good ones, wait for the stock to come to you  and you can make your pay day just by  trading only one. A good trader can pick almost any symbol and if he is well capitalized he may make a green day. Choosing the better set ups is just more helpful. Easier said then done but I will say it again :
DO NOT feel fear of missing out: 
FOMO great artcle by @monacotrader click here it is a must read  so I don't have to write about it LOL

Remember I will repeat again: 
When you are in doubt , STAY OUT !!!
As I always say: it is very hard to nail a perfect entry. So be prepared to build your position, know your size ,start small,  calculate the risk, see what you stand to lose, BEFORE you execute. Have a money management plan, according to your buying power and be IN PIECE with your loss way ahead of the time, because YOU WILL LOSE,  that  is guaranteed , (Meaning you will be wrong on your entries very very often ).  So you need to know in advance how to lose. It took me years of losing till I get this in my head. Lost my friends, girlfriends, ( did I forgot to mention I lost $130,000 trading ??,.. the greatest and the best college tuition I have ever paid )  people  laughed at me and they still do, betting I will blow up one day again, saying : "Oh Dan are you adding to a loser again ?" ..I say: " whatever dude  , if you don't get the concept of proper sizing after reading all my blogs, then keep your clock in job and talk to me how you feel on your days off "..... And maybe they are right , but I am here to stay this time,
WTW the patient  short 

Read inside the chart I'm tired of typing already LOL

Picture is worth million words so here it is: 
so zoom it , read it , print it , frame it, look at it before you go to bed.

If you like my blog please comment in the comment section. Weather you like it or not , I will keep writing my journal, it makes me a better trader. However, it is  up to you guys if you want me to keep it published or not. I mostly keep getting emails from people complaining how they got burned by the Wolfs paying nonsense subscription fees.Write your thoughts  publicly, do not be scared sheep. If no comments,  I will stop blogging and tweeting. However  this is fun for me , love the interaction so far, you guys are great , pay it forward, love you all don't be sheep throwing your money to the Wolfs  and:

HAVE A HAPPY, HEALTHY, SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR !!!
May this year be a turning point from losing to a consistent profitable trading !!! 

Salute 
AngelDan@DaChopa on twitter
AngelDan@TraderUSA   on instagram ( gotta figure how to use that darn thing.. yet )

P.S. For those who are my new followers : the handle name @DaChopa I got as a being chopped out so badly for many years by the markets. I was actually bullied by my friends who still count on their skinny 401Ks . It is not associated with  me being great trader. I do not represent myself as a stock guru neither an investment adviser. I keep my "clock in job" still,  because I know I may lose everything. I do not ask any compensation from any followers, I only share my experience, gathered from many losing years of trading.  
Do not copy my trade alerts. If you copy my trades you may lose everything. Just watch me trade live and understand the concept. Play small if you are new,  very very small just to be in the game long enough to learn it. The only way to learn it is to stay in the gladiator arena, or the shark tank , (whichever one you prefer),  as long as possible.

If you want me to make videos , let me know. I talk too fast though,  many may not understand me , so I find the writing as more effective tool to send and share the message. 
Do not forget to pay it forward. 

9 comments:

  1. Good article! Like your personal story with the stock market. Hope 2016 is something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought DaChopa meant you carried an AK-47! Congrats on a great year and keep up the good work! “No man becomes rich unless he enriches others.”
    ― Andrew Carnegie

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always great article! Thanks for taking your time and share this valuable info for free with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome bud. However Im not taking any extra time to share it: I write my journal regardless. Sharing is only one extra click on the button. Glad it helps 👍

      Delete
  4. Great article! Keep up the work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After trading and losing all year long last year I want to read and learn from your blog post. Yes it is a Shark Tank and i could not snatch food from them yet! Thank you for your blog posting. An eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get all your favorite alcoholic drinks on Duty Free Depot!

    All the world famous brand name drinks for unbeatable low price tags.

    ReplyDelete