Great Savings

Friday, December 11, 2015

Why and how I traded C long today on a weak market

Markets opened negative, gaping down. I had in mind that C was already 4 days in downtrend opening with severe gap down which more likely will produce  some sort of pull up,( or bounce  up)
Started small long position in the pre-market as tweeted here C long at 52.20s   just to be in it for a better focus not being worried if I was right or wrong. After the open,  I laser focused on the time and sales and was bidding to get as low as I can but had somewhat a hard time to get all my fills which was  a sign that many others are bidding at same area { I was not alone that's always a good sign } .
That gave me confidence to add some more and I put  a bigger size , ( gotta love these super liquid stocks ).
The predicted and expected squeeze  unfolded and it was nice taking profits into the rally . I have to admit, right at around 52.20 I had more shares to sell and accidentally  was actually short and made few bucks more on a unplanned short trade , that I actually covered fairly quickly since I did not expect C would drop so much lower.  It will be definitively on watch for Monday for another long play , hopefully opens with gap down and creates a real nice opportunity , we ll see.
Here are the approximate execution levels
                                                                          C the long
 PnL  C

Focusing on just few stocks or even only at one with a sound plan is way better ( for me ) then what I used to do in my earlier stages of my trading that looked mostly like this:
Crazy huh ?   Video  gamer at his best LOL


The real time tweets :

Building at 51.90 few shares long

Some more confidence moments

C Trading higher

Taking profits along the way towards and above 52.00

And this is how the marked looked in a down week Dec 7 till Dec 11, 2015

                                                                           SPY

I write this as my journal that I often read for my own benefit. If this is helpful for someone else,  that is great , drop a comment regardless if it is good or bad .

Have a great weekend
Trade smart,  trade well, trade small,   trade disciplined !
Salute
AngelDan@DaChopa




No comments:

Post a Comment