Great Savings

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

DISCA STV AMCN

STV
I primarily look for overhead resistance as reference for risk to short.
When no overhead resistance, I'd rather see a nice push, by the longs who are buying, then some sign of momentum exhaustion, something that may indicate that enough longs have piled up, and that the probability to end the buying is higher, which may ignite some profit taking and selling.
I have in mind that  the final push up, is not always created by the greedy overexcited long chasers, but by the early short sellers who are trading on very tight stops.
So what happens is : the longs are maybe clever enough and almost getting all out, some early shorts get in, then some newbies longs get in seeing the move is big and do not wanna miss it, market makers trying to do their thing to make a buck, the early shorts getting squeezed, a little  panic and then when path is clear is time to short with weak glass bottoms. This is my opinion it is not always right which is mainly because of the longs who have no rational and who sometimes may overpower with the stupidity , it happens all the time so managing risk is a must.


And here we go typical example of the above :
                                                           STV the glass bottom

LBTYA
Im lagging on my  journal today was just too busy so many trade talks with fellow traders  . all good stuff.
LBTYA is typical example of daily resistance in play for risk on shorting against it. I will not feel sorry  or any regret on such short plays if I lose. Period. This is what I look for mostly and for me works just fine on long run after all hits and misses. Have no problem leaving smaller size over night ( any over night is 10th part of the entire trading acct , never more then that ). Example if I work with   $100,000 cash invested is only $10,000 on this short  , if $1,000,000 in play is only $100,000. If stock gaps higher I wanna be safe for such surprises. No high leverage, or one day I will lose all for sure , it happened and will not happen ever again, not doing the same mistake no matter how sure I am for the direction of my trade.
                                                         LBTYA  short 55.79
                                                     LBTYA Timing is everything
Had lot more nice trades nothing really out of ordinary worth repeating myself non stop

1 comment:

  1. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Get professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

    Follow our signals NOW & make up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete