Great Savings

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Recap Friday Feb 20 trading $SFUN $WMT

I had SFUN swing overnight long  and WMT overnight small position  short.
WMT:
 I covered pre-market 82.70 short from avg 84.00 which is $1,30 gain on $80 stock, perr planned target since 83.00 was daily swing resistance. Happy for the good trade. I try to remember the good trades as well as the bad ones.
And there have been far less good trade set ups then the bad ones. I have just a handful of good set ups I am comfortable with, and a tons of bad ones. But when the good ones keep repeating , it feels great in sense  of accomplishment and results of hard work. 



WMT short entries and partial cover on Thursday

WMT fully covered on Friday pre-market
Observation: The move of WMT was after the earning report on Thursday pre -market. Better then expected earnings, normally would be a BUY fundamental signal. But price action indicated short term SELL. After I covered the entire position WMT went all the way up and closed 84.27, above my short entry of 84.00. Will it continue to go up from here ? Do I really care? My style is day-trade and very short term swing trades, with goal every week to be a payday if possible. Long  term investing is not for me, I don't like to have position sitting in red, and wait months to make 10% on such investment. Market is so volatile that catching the few percent gains on each trade every day adds up. For one stock to go up lets say 30% a year , that stock will make so many 10% swing moves up and down as well as  intraday moves that if reading the price action and managing the losses efficiently, the profitability can be  much higher. Of course if someone has also the time to spend watching every day full time. What I believe in is not and shall not be how other should believe. I like to share how I trade, since there are people who like this style of trading.

SFUN  was twitted real time, as I took couple of small loses, I have re-entered again at 7.11 and I keep this trade over night again.
I may update more details how and why I traded SFUN the way I did if I have time or if anybody wants to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment